A) love for me,
B) desire to have a completed home/undistracted wife, and
C) need for stasis,
...he came up with the seriously selfless and genius idea to take off of work for an entire week, take care of the kids and household needs completely, and give me 9.5 uninterrupted days to get as many projects done in the house as possible. Needless to say, an Excel spreadsheet has been made.
You see, we were originally planning on remodeling the kitchen, but since we were overbudget on the floors (due to circumstances out of our control), we didn't have enough money to do the kitchen anymore. So we took the money that we would have used on the kitchen and decided to fix/replace the little things here and there that were nagging us. Well, a lot of little things adds up to a lot of things.
I've been amassing supplies, and this isn't even all of it.
So far we've already replaced Every. Gold. Faucet. Hallelujah, praise be to God Almighty! All of the lovely doorknobs are next. Good riddance, you tacky things.
Everyone keeps asking me, "So what are you going to do during that week?" And I have so many things to do that I literally can't think because I get so overwhelmed by the question. So here is my official answer. You'll notice that some things are really little and some things are not so little:
(Sort of in order of priority, but not really)
- Organize attic
- Frame bathroom mirrors with leftover hardwood
- Add shelving to master bath vanities
- Repair a tiny piece of baseboard in master bath
- Create this island
|from the handmade home|
- Put towel hooks in boys' bathroom
- Put hooks by garage door for kids (low level)
- Put new pulls on pantry doors
- Decorate and furnish master bedroom (involves creating some art/crafts like this)
- Paint front door dark grey
- Re-stain kitchen and dining room tables
|This table from Red Hen Home is lofty, but I'd love to try for it on the kitchen table.|
- Hang tennis balls in the garage for parking
- Install bike storage in garage
- Fix red dresser drawers
- Fix pull on spare room dresser
- Put legs on suitcase like this
- Hang laundry bags in laundry room
- Reclaimed wood headboard for guest room
So what's the over/under on finishing all of it? Any wagers? You will definitely not hear from me next week except maybe a post here and there onto Annie's Blessed Nest FB page. So check that out if you want some updates. Otherwise, I'll see you after I'm finished with a lot more before and afters. :)
P.S. Sorry for all of the uncredited pictures. Pinterest pinners are terrible about not pinning the original source, so I truly just can't find them. Feel free to send me sources if you know of them.
P.S.S. If you're wondering why I'm not doing the boys' room yet, it's because I still can't decide how to configure it. It's coming, though.