That's why I couldn't decide which photo to choose. Both of these things make me oh so happy.
coffee makes me happy because:
1) It reminds me of my sweet and amazing friend, Misti, who gave me the awesome Senseo coffee maker that I LOVE! Frothy, delicious, and perfectly brewed.
2) It also reminds me of my other wonderful friend, Christa, who gave me this set of 4 coffee mugs as a gift when we were in college. Each one has a different piece of art on them (this one is a Van Gogh). I LOVE these mugs; I use them every morning. What a good and useful gift that has stood the test of time!
3) I recently discovered the joys of Amazon's Subscribe and Save program in which I buy my French Vanilla Senseo pods from for cheaper than Walmart's unflavored medium roast! Free shipping and one less thing I have to put on my shopping list!
4) I'm more laid back with this baby and allow myself a couple of cups of coffee whereas I was very uptight about everything I ate and drank with the first two.
5) Coffee is pretty much the only drink I have other than water all day, so it's a nice treat (that and wine on occasion).
cast iron waffle iron makes me really happy because:
1) I just seasoned it yesterday and made my first batch of whole wheat waffles afterward, and they were perfect!!! No sticking, no throwing out the first one, no burning - just perfection! I totally wasn't expecting that!
2) My kids asked for seconds!
3) I'm pretty confident that this will mean no more Eggo's in the Hedgie house because I can keep a premade container of batter in the fridge and whip up some fresh waffles whenever we want. It takes the same amount of time and effort as the toaster.
4) It's another successful implementation of our food overhaul, and it makes me feel so good...so good.
5) It works way better than any electric waffle iron I've ever had.
So there you go. Let me know if you decide to join me in the challenge! It totally doesn't matter if you've missed the first week. No one's going to arrest you or anything. Hehe.